Tuesday, February 15, 2011

VisualStudio 2008 crashes attaching to process for debugging - Fixed!

A lot of people have written about this HotFix but, I found that it's not easy to find, since the route cause is so obscure. I had a problem when VS2008 would crash when attaching to IIS process w3wp.exe. This would happen somewhat inconsistently, sometimes only once per session. Turns out that this is likely because I have my solution explorer window undocked. If you are like me, and you have multiple monitors or you just undock your solution explorer window to make more space for your code, you are likely experiencing the same problem. This HotFix solved it for me. I hope it helps someone else out as well:

KB960075 - VS Dev Environment crash after undocking windows or changing layouts

0 comments:

Post a Comment